Search This Blog

Just some quick eye-shut time to reconnect with yourself

Image Asking People to Plan Small to Manage Life
Click Here to reach the original discussion
You must have read a lot about the concept of power napping and how the shortest periods of relaxation can cleanse the mind of overwhelming thoughts. I am using the same thing in the most micro fashion – using some eye-shut time to ensure you have a more uncluttered mind. I do this at the desk, in the car and even when taking a bath. Just shut your eyes and banish all thoughts. Try to concentrate on a facial muscle, i.e. on your face. I tend to focus on the nose bridge, clutching the skin around it. This is not about many minutes but a handful of seconds. You can do this repeatedly, like a breath hold & go exercise that is found in many meditation prep programs. For me, concentrating with my eyes closed is almost impossible. I tend to hop to what happens next scenarios a bit too often.




The result is the inability to meditate in any way. This is why I don't try too many asana that make me concentrate too much. These minuscule seconds of closing your eyes and reconnecting with the smallest, most childish thought that makes you happy is a good option. For a moment, your mind relaxes, the tense muscles of the upper abdominal region relax and you can feel breathing better. You have to practice this a bit more before it comes naturally to you. This is also setting your mind for the quick napping method - something I seriously envy about. I have tried this when putting my head down for a few minutes at my work desk and yes, it does work, if not a lot, in some way that is better than stay-awake coffee cups and anxiety meds. Next time, when you are heading out for an ares-whipping business meeting, give yourself two minutes with this method…just breathe slow, shut your eyes and don't think at all!

1 comment:

  1. A small update - I find many managers who have the luxury of time during their office hours but spend all of it on WhatsApping or some other instant messaging platform or just hop across social media channels. In comparison, am doing something closer and more relevant to my genre of work, i.e. blogging here using a free platform like Blogger. Along the way, I have achieved some degree of familiarity with different social posting management tools and also some knowlege of how to play around with keywords, alt tags, information tags for images, image selection, image placement, etc. While doing this I do feel guilty that am not putting in the time to bring aboard some work but when the project volumes are dwindling, I am better served by honing my skills and sharing the outcomes with my team rather than doing line-editing for basic-quality seo articles. This is way better than some folks who spend hell lot of hours on Jabong or Myntra - that is taking them nowhere!!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts...

Mental Health Battles, Confessions

Opinions About Everything